Click here for printable version: Parent Night Project Instructions & Grading Rubric
VCCS Objective:Demonstrate health promotion and disease prevention strategies for the preschool setting.
NAEYC Standard 2b. Supporting and empowering families and communities through respectful, reciprocal relationships
Imagine you are having a Parent Night in order to educate parents on a specific topic regarding health, safety, or nutrition. Create a PowerPoint on a relevant topic.
- Be a relevant topic regarding health, safety, or nutrition- be creative!
- Be at least 20 slides
- Include photos and at least ONE video
- Include at least 10 referenced facts on the subject
- Include at least 5 detailed suggestions for parents to incorporate the new knowledge with their children (1 per slide, at least)
- Include a Reference slide (doesnt count towards 20 slides) for all facts and suggestions
Peanut allergies. Id include 10 pertinent facts, and then 5 suggestions to alternatives such as Sun butter, almond butter, Nutella, Soynut butter, and Chocolate Soynut butter. Id include photos of each product, prices, and where they can be purchased.