https://ori.hhs.gov/research-clinic you must complete this simulation video before completing the assignment.
Conducting research with strong ethical principles is a critical component of being an effective nurse researcher.
- In the research simulation activity, which character(s) did you play?
- What did you learn about ethical principles in research?
- Are ethics in research clear cut, or do you think there are some gray areas?
You are required to watch a simulation video before answering this prompt. You must cite at least one source: your textbook and/or scholarly resources in APA style. 200 words minimum
How is data used to evaluate outcomes? Provide an example as it relates to an area of nursing.
You must cite at least one source: your textbook and/or scholarly resources in APA style. 200words
Answer the following questions on cardiovascular disease (CVD):
- Discuss the pathophysiology of CVD.
- Compare and contrast the signs and symptoms of CVD in males and females.
- Discuss two risk factors that contribute to the development of CVD. How do these risk factors increase the incidence of CVD?
- Discuss one major complication of CVD.
- Provide a nutritional and lifestyle teaching plan for your patient to reduce the risk of CVD.
Use evidence from one scholarly source other than your textbook or ATI book to support your answer. Use APA Style to cite your source.
This assignment requires a written 2-3 page paper teaching both the parent and a 3 year old child about Intussusception.
The purpose of the teaching plan is to document and evaluate the necessary skills to provide individual clients with demonstrated needs.
1. Purpose: To document and evaluate teaching skills necessary to provide teaching to an individual client with a demonstrated need. With the completion of this assignment the student will be able to achieve the following objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to thoroughly assess the learning styles of an individual or family using given developmental or cultural models.
- Demonstrate ability to anticipate learning needs based on developmental or cultural assessments.
- Identify and utilize teaching/learning principles to facilitate achievement of learning goals and outcomes.
- Select and prioritize learning strategies based on the developmental or cultural assessment to achieve learning goals and outcomes.
- Support rationales for teaching plan using teaching and learning theories from required readings with references.
2. Nursing Competencies:
- Assessing and identifying developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client.
- Providing evidence-based health information and teaching based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client or family
- Integrating teaching/learning activities into client interactions based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a client or family.
- Incorporating health promotion and teaching into the plan of care based on developmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors affecting a family or client.
3. Plan: submitted to the clinical instructor during the teaching experience. Your clinical instructor must approve the topic.
- Develop nursing diagnosis (NANDA)
- Develop two (2) learning objectives
- State methodology (teaching methods)
- Provide and utilize teaching aids
- State needed resources
4. Implementation: Outline (step by step)
5. Evaluation: Evaluate your project describing the effectiveness of teaching methods and aids, learner’s response, ability to meet objectives, and self-evaluation including what the student learned and what the student would do differently in the future. A copy of the entire teaching plan with the evaluation of patient learning is to be submitted to your clinical instructor during the teaching presentation. This write-up should be 2-3 pages
Identify your strengths and weaknesses regarding your NCLEX preparedness. Which topics do you find most challenging and which topics do you feel confident in? What will you do to increase your knowledge in the topics you find challenging?
Additionally, identify challenges you faced with the ATI tests (e.g., time management, test format, confusing instructions, stress). How will you address these concerns when it is time for your NCLEX exam?
Include evidence-based research to support your improvement plan.