E. L. is an 88-year-old widow who has advanced dementia. She is a retired secretary and is cared for in the home of her divorced daughter, who is her power of attorney for health affairs. E. L. requires assistance with all activities of daily living. She spends most of the day sitting in her orthopedic recliner (she has had bilateral hip replacements) or lying in bed. She does not speak or acknowledge the presence of others. Recently, E. L. has stopped eating all meals except for small banana slices. She resists a spoon when it is brought to her mouth, and she pockets food in her cheeks without swallowing. E. L. was admitted to the hospital several months ago for influenza and bilateral pneumonia. She was treated in the intensive care unit for three days and then sent home. The possibility of a feeding tube insertion was discussed during her hospitalization. E. L.’s daughter is seeking guidance on artificial nutrition and hydration.
E. L. is an 88-year-old widow who has advanced dementia
- Use the assigned readings to guide you in the development of five discussion points
- Discussions points should reflect best practices that you will include as you speak with E. L.’s daughter regarding her mother’s end-of-life care.
- Cite your references in proper APA Style.
In the scenario assignments, you are asked to reflect on responses to the presented scenario. This should not just be writing down your first reaction or what you already know. Reflection involves critical thinking, which means rethinking your existing knowledge and previously held opinions in light of what we have learned about theories of ethics, logic, and reasoning. You will need to question your existing knowledge and beliefs.
To complete each scenario assignment:
- Complete the entire scenario.
- Compose your reflection in a Word document and be sure to address, at a minimum, the following questions:
- Why do you feel the way you do about the issue presented?
- Of the four responses offered in the scenario, which do you feel is the most ethical and why?
- Support your conclusions with evidence and specific examples from the textbook, as well as other sources as needed
Write a paper that addresses the following:
- What is the role of a community health nurse?
- How does the community health nurse assist the families of patients in their home settings?
- What are some of the barriers related to the initiation of home care services in communities?
- How does living in an urban area versus a rural area affect home care services?
PLEASE ADDRESS EACH QUESTION WITH A NURSING PERSPECTIVE AND CITE APPROPIATELY NO PLAGIARISM ALLOWED. INTRODUCTION AND CONCLUSION. AND REFERENCE PAGE.
Considering three major movements in Western Culture (Realist, Modern, Post-Modern), discuss and cite your reasons for what you consider to be the most significant contributions in Art, as they have impacted and influenced our contemporary times. (you may choose ONE work: Painting, Literature, Architecture, or Music from EACH period: Realist, Modern, Post-Modern).
By “most significant” I want to know why and how you think these works have advanced Human creativity, understanding, social/political vision and culture in our times. Did they bring new insights or truths about the human condition? Did they foster a new way of thinking, or outlook? Did they initiate new forms and break conventions through innovation? Were they “revolutionary” in positive and/or negative ways as we look back from today’s perspective on them?
Your organization might follow this:
Thesis Statement–Briefly stating your selections and focus on why they are the most significant (try to define what you mean by “significant”–see above).
Work (Twain’s “Huck Finn”–Lit.) discussion and demonstration/rationale for selection
Work (Stravinsky’s “Rites of Spring”–Music) discussion and demonstration/rationale for selection
Work (Warhol’s “Marilyn”–Painting ) discussion and demonstration/rationale for selection
Conclusion–Restate your argument about why your selections were the most significant.