After an incident where a patient developed a life-threatening staph infection following surgery at the hospital, a negligence lawsuit was filed against Bright Road Health System.
As the Hospital Administrator, the student will gather information about the incident from the parties involved, and work with Bright Road’s General Counsel to determine the Hospital’s liability. The student will need to consider:
- Whether a duty to care was established
- Whether the duty was breached
- Whether there was an injury
- Whether the cause of the patient’s injury was due to negligence
- Whether the concept of respondeat superior applies in the case
- Whether to file an indemnification against any of the staff members involved
The student will then submit an analysis to Bright Road’s General Counsel, with their thoughts regarding the hospital’s liability.
- Work through the simulation
- Answer all the questions
- Submit your recommendation