REQUIREMENTS: must follow requirements!!!
Description of the Identified Healthcare Concern
You are the Vice-President of Nursing Services at a 500 bed facility that provides healthcare to a 6 county region that occurs in two different but adjoining states. Recently you attended a national conference regarding infectious diseases and the potential for their spread with our current global environment. Upon return from the conference, you have a conversation with a local public health official who identifies that there is no regional plan to combat an infectious disease outbreak. In addition, the official noted the presence of several barriers which will make the development of a plan more of a challenge. These include, but are not limited to:
· Identification of a plan that would cover a large region and a diverse population of approximately one million people
· Identification of a plan that could be coordinated from one facility, but interact successfully with 6 different counties and two different state governments
· The presence of a regional airport which increases the opportunity for introducing an infectious disease to the region
From the conversation, you realize that a coalition will be needed and that macro leadership skills are required for the coalition to be successful. You now accept the challenge to build a coalition within the region to develop a plan that would resist a sudden outbreak of an infectious illness.
Description of the Assignment
The purpose of this project will be to address a healthcare concern occurring within a community by providing macro level leadership needed to build a coalition. The identified coalition will seek to resolve the healthcare concern.
· This assignment will be presented via PowerPoint and will include 15 20 slides (excluding
title and references slides).
· Introduction provides information regarding:
o Introductory slide(s) provided ALL of the following:
o Definition of macro-leadership
o Definition of coalitions
o Explanation why a coalition would be helpful in resolving this identified healthcare concern.
· Section One identifies macro-leadership skills and requires information related to each of the
o Explain the difference between micro and macro leadership.
o Explain how a macro leader demonstrates:
§ Mastery of self
§ Mastery of communication
§ Mastery of relationships
o Explain how a macro-leader can overcome one disadvantage to using coalitions
· Section Two discusses the coalitions in general by including the following information:
o How will you pool available local and state resources?
o How will you foster communication with individuals living in the region as well as local and state governments?
o How will you maintain the energy of the coalition members?
o How will you convince members to work together and avoid turf issues?
· Section Three presents the specific coalition that you will suggest in order to resolve the identified healthcare concern. The following information is required:
o What will be your vision statement for the coalition?
o How many individuals will you have on the steering committee for the coalition?
o What type of individuals would you recruit for steering committee membership?
o How will the coalition interact with local and state governments to develop an acceptable plan?
o How will you evaluate the effectiveness of the coalition?
· Conclusion provides a summary of the key points from the presentation as well as of
insights gained (what was learned) regarding macro leadership.
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1. The PowerPoint Presentation (excluding the Title slide and References slide) should equal
1520 PowerPoint slides. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements.
2. Speaker notes are required. These notes should expand the information found on the slide.
3. References are to be cited in the Speaker notes
4. This assignment must be submitted to TurnItIn, as required by the TurnItIn policy. A
Similarity Index of blue or green must be obtained. A score in the blue or green range
indicates a similarity of less than 24% which is the benchmark for CCN graduate nursing
students. Any other level of similarity index level requires the student to revise the
assignment before the due date and time. To allow sufficient time for revision, early
submission of the assignment to TurnItIn is highly encouraged. The final submission will
be graded by faculty. If a Turnitin report indicates that plagiarism has occurred, the
Academic Integrity policy will be followed.
5. The textbooks required and lesson information for this course may not be used as a reference for
4. A minimum of 5 (five) scholarly references must be used. Scholarly references need to be current, 5years or less (anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable).
5. Must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. Ideas and information that come from readings must be cited and referenced correctly.
6. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal written work as found in the 6th edition of the APA manual.