Create a new employee orientation package for an Information and Record Clerk to include an introduction, checklist, work schedule, job expectations, behavior, and performance requirements.
In an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation:
- Introduce the HIM department, key functions, and your role as the HIM manager.
- Describe the role of the Information and Record Clerk.
- Create a checklist of orientation activities to show items you plan to cover. For example, a tour of the department, workspace, and where the supplies are kept.
- Outline a work schedule. Consider that a work schedule is needed by an HIM department where there are multiple employees and multiple shifts of work.
- Describe the changing HIM roles and outlook for HIM professionals. Specifically, address the future of the Information and Record Clerk (or related) role.
- Identify key disciplinary actions that may be used to address employee behavior.
- Explain types of performance appraisal activities used to evaluate employee performance. Use the Record Clerk as an example.
NOTE – Be sure that proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure are displayed. Make sure any sources are cited in APA format. Also, see the attachment for additional information to complete the assignment.