I’m stuck on a Management question and need an explanation.
1. Use BUILT-IN FUNCTIONS:Click here for instructions – Create a Totals Query
- Create a query to get TOTAL claim amount by state during first half of 2015 (claim date between 1/1/2015 and 6/30/2015). Save query.
2. Build an EXPRESSION: Click here for instructions – Create an Expression
- Create a query to get the ratio of total claim amount to total paid amount per state during first half of 2015 (claim date between 1/1/2015 and 6/30/2015). Save query.
3. Build Update query: Click here for instruction – Create an Update Query
- Create an update query on patientdata table to update all phone numbers with a prefix ‘1-‘. Run your query. Save as Q3.a. [Note: Running update query multiple times will add the prefix multiple times! ]
- Go to claims table design and add a numeric field called ‘claim_paid_ratio’ in claims table. Save table.
- Now, create an update query to input data into this field by building an expression for claim_paid_ratio=claimamount/paidamount. Run your query. Save query.
4. Delete all the data from ClaimsData table where claimsdate is earlier than the service date. [Create a select query to select the rows where claimsdate is earlier than the service date by creating a function from last class. Run it and make sure that you get the correct rows. Then change the query type to ‘delete’ in the design view and run it. That will delete the incorrect information.]
CREATING DATA VALIDATION RULES at a FIELD level
5. Open ClaimsData table in Design view. Create data validation rules.
- Change claims amount validation rule where claims amount is >=0 and paid amount is >=0.
6. Open PatientData table in Design view. Create data validation rules.
- Change STATE code so that one can only enter 2 letters.
- Change zip code length to 9 and create a input mask so that the zip code is entered as xxxxx-xxxx format. Make sure that last 4 digits are optional.
- Change telephone number length 11 digits and create input mask with the format x-(xxx)-xxx xxxx. Save table.
CREATING DATA VALIDATION RULES at a RECORD level
7. Create a validation rule between claims date and service date.
- Open ClaimsData table in design view. Click on Property Sheet. Click on Validation and select Validation Rule.
- Enter the rule. Then Click on Validation Message and enter an error message that you would like to be displayed.
- Now enter new data. Enter a ClaimsDate that is before service date. You should receive the error message if that is the case.
- This way users are prevented from entering incorrect dates.
8. Similar to Q7, create a validation rule between Claim Amount and Paid Amount. Think about their relationship and create the rule.