Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation (minimum of 5 slides, excluding title and reference slides) identifying five general human resources management issues (staffing, retention, development, adjustment, managing change) that are common to fire and EMS agencies. Discuss how the issues can affect an emergency services organization, and the possible solutions that can resolve the issues.
Then write a 300–500 word essay analyzing the effects of ethical perspectives on one’s own life and/or the larger community as it relates to these five human resources management issues. Discuss how values held by a group or an individual can impact ethical decision-making process surrounding these issues and how multiple perspectives may yield conflicting solutions. Also, address how cultural background or some facet of human communications, expressions, and behaviors can impact the ethical decision-making process.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, you should format your presentation in accordance with the following guidelines:
- 5-slide minimum (excluding title and reference slides).
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Use charts and graphs as needed.
- Limit slides to between six and eight lines of content.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience. To learn more about using speaker notes, open PowerPoint and press F1. In the search box, type “create notes” and press Enter. The related topics on notes appear.
- The presentation should contain a title slide and reference slide with a list of references in APA style. On the references slide, in the speaker notes, discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used.
- All internal citation of outside sources plus the listing of all references should also adhere to APA style.