A 50-year-old woman is admitted with chief complaints of headache and decreased range of motion in her neck. She also complains of vertigo, hearing loss in one ear, profuse sweating, and uncontrollable eye movements. Her past medical history indicates that she was in a motor vehicle accident three days before her admission. MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS (ALL OF THEM) ONE PAGE MINIMUM!
- What are the possible causes of these symptoms?
- What specific diagnostic testing would you recommend? Why?
- What conditions should be ruled out? Why?
- How would you distinguish between these conditions?
From your course textbook, Physical Examination and Health Assessment, read the following chapters:
- HEENT (head, ears, eyes, nose, throat)
Jarvis, C. (2019). Physical examination and health assessment (8th ed.). Saunders. ISBN: 9780323510806.
1. General to-do list of tasks that must be considered or completed as part of an EHR implementation
2. Gantt Chart
THREE: Presentation of Deliverables-After completing the above deliverables to the best of your ability, you will present them to your Remote HIM Professional Mentor.
1. Set up your deliverables in presentable fashion for display over WebEx. You may prefer a PowerPoint or you may simply use your Word or Excel. However, the deliverables should be portrayed in a professional, neat fashion, and it should easily be used as a visual reference.
2. Prepare a verbal summary of the project you have completed. It should explain the project challenge, the project purpose and the project steps. Include a story with your presentation such as a) Cover what was difficult for you and b) how your own experiences helped you complete this project, etc. Make this presentation as if you were a reporter and your mentor is a student learning about HIM.
3. Use professional language, professional tone, be well organized – you are the leader of this presentation. Be prepared to answer questions from your Remote Mentor. You should know this scenario and the work you completed on it.
Topic 2Select one of the suggested references listed below. Based on your selection, complete the following tasks:
- Identify and describe the research problem, purpose, objectives, and hypothesis identified in the article.
- Describe how you would evaluate the credibility of the research article.MINIMUM ONE PAGE
Fitzwater, J., Johnstone, C., Schippers, M., Cordoza, M., & Norman, B. (2019). A comparison of oral, axillary, and temporal artery temperature measuring devices in adult acute care. MEDSURG Nursing 28 (1), 35-41.
Gibbon, G. & Crane, J. (2018). The impact of ‘missed care’ on the professional socialisation of nursing students: A qualitative research study. Nurse Education Today 66(2018), 19-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2018.04.002
Purtzer, M.A., Hermansen-Kobulnicky, C.J. (2016). Optimizing the benefits of self-monitoring among patients with cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum 43(6), E218-225. doi: 10.1188/16.ONF.E218-E225
Tongvichean, T., Aungsuroch, Y., & Preechawong, S. (2019). Effect of self-management exercise program on physical fitness among people with prehypertension and obesity: A quasi experiment study. Pacific Rim International Journal of Research, 23(1), 6-17.
Discussion Question: “Nursing should not ‘borrow’ theories from other disciplines.” Refute this statement by providing specific examples from your current nursing practice. Describe the importance of
“Nursing should not ‘borrow’ theories from other disciplines.” Refute this statement by providing specific examples from your current nursing practice.
Sue Larson an active 16 year old presented to the office with an ankle fracture. The provider has ordered you to help fit her for crutches. she states she has never had an injury like this before and that she doesn’t think she needs assistance- it will be fun and easy to use the crutches.
what can you do to ensure patient compliance?
what do you need to tell the patient about why you need to help with the crutch fitting?
what does the patient need to know about walking with the crutches?
Identify and describe one change that took place within the health and human services system and discuss how that change impacted the delivery of care and health outcomes.