As the new medical administrator, you have will complete an encounter form of the new patient with a severe foot infection.
Identify and summarize the steps for registering this patient by completing the encounter form as the patient and the registration form as the medical administrator, which includes verification of the patient insurance. HIPAA privacy rule should be adhered when registering the patient.
In order to successfully complete the Outpatient Encounter Form and the Patient Registration Form below, please use the information contained in the following document:
- Patient Welcome/Managing Wait Time
- In one page summarize how to greet the patient and manage the waiting room
- Include a brief outline describing how to verify the patient’s insurance
- Outpatient Encounter Form
- Complete this form as the medical administrator: Outpatient Encounter Form
- Patient Registration Form
- Complete this form as the patient: Patient Registration Form
- Apply HIPAA rules when documenting patient information
- Outline the five steps under the HIPAA privacy rule to ensure patient information is protected while registering the patient. The summary should follow the “Guidelines for Ensuring” patient privacy isn’t breached in the reception area