You are a guest writer for a legal aid blog. You noticed in the comments several people have asked questions about the right to counsel and whether they have a right to counsel based on their situation. To address this need, you decide to write an article on the topic.
Analyze two cases involving the right to counsel and refer to these cases in your article.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word article about the right to counsel that addresses the following topics:
- The aspects of the right to counsel for these cases
- How the historical development of the right to counsel relates to the cases
- When the right to counsel attaches to criminal procedure for the cases
- Whether the defendants in the cases exercised their right to self-representation
- The role of the attorneys in the cases as it applies to the right to counsel
Format your selected option consistent with APA guidelines.