In this paper, you will explore perspectives on the field of communication, with a particular focus on why communication is a worthy field for academic study and why you have an interest in studying communication. You may find Morreale and Pearson (2008) to be a useful resource to guide your thinking. In your paper, be sure to address the following:
- What are the reasons why Communication Studies is a significant discipline?
- What are your personal reasons for wanting to understand communication better?
- Write your own definition or model of communication. Review the definitions and models of communication provided in Chapter 2 of Messages in Context. Which perspective do you think comes closest to your own?
Your writing assignment
- Must be 1000 to 1250 words in length on double-spaced pages (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one credible source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.