For Week 3, we focus on The Psychoanalytic Approach: Neo‑Freudian Theory, Application, Assessment and Research. In preparation for this week’s work, please read chapters 5 and 6 of the course textbook.
- Identify one Neo-Freudian thinker discussed in the course text.
- Compare and contrast this scholar’s views with Freud’s theories.
- Explain whether you agree with the views of the identified Neo-Freudian scholar or Freud, and why?
- Next, substantially respond to at least two other posts.
- Describe a recent issue you [or another person] faced [or are now facing]. No names please! Call this person “Person X” for the purpose of confidentiality
- Please consider given our current state of affairs to write about the impact of a timely topic such as COVID/the pandemic, racial inequities, civil unrest or political divisiveness.
- Identify some of the ways that you/the person coped with the issue you identified
- Classify each coping strategy as a problem-focused strategy, an emotion-focused strategy or an avoidance strategy [as described in the course text)
- Describe the effectiveness of each of these strategies
- Define the term “anxiety” and identify whether this issue or the strategies applied to the identified issue led to anxiety, and why.
Week 4 – Assignment: Perform and Interpret a Meta-Analysis for Publication
As the healthcare administrator for healthcare research-focused organization, you have been collaborating with a team of researchers from across the country by
working on a systematic review. The systematic review process is an intensive and time-consuming endeavor that includes:
Gathering evidence from the literature.
Synthesizing the evidence gathered.
Disseminating findings through manuscript publication in peer review journals.
As you work with your team to develop the manuscript to be published in a high-impact journal, your team agreed to present a summarized version of all the quantitative data gathered by conducting and interpreting a meta-analysis. As a result, the team tasked you with developing a Forest Plot that will be used to present your evidence in the manuscript being prepared for submission in a peer-review journal.
Using the data sent to you by one of the analysts (see Resource list for the data to use),
- Use the Open Meta-Analyst (OM) open-source software for performing meta-analyses [funded by the Agency for Healthcare Quality Research (AHRQ)].
https://youtu.be/5yWkj7Q0-vM[IR1] [KG2] [IR3]
- Once completed, submit the result of your analysis and Forest chart in Dropbox.
Length: 1 to 2-page, Forest plot
References: Include a minimum of 2 scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations, and the current 7th edition of APA standards.
One hallmark of professionalism is self-reflection. The ability to reflect back on your learning will allow you to continue to synthesize new learning with current knowledge. Please review the course objectives in the Syllabus. Reflect upon your learning in this course and describe in detail how you have met each of the course objectives.