Visit the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Visit the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality ( https://www.ahrq.gov/funding/training-grants/hsrguide/hsrguide.html ) and after reading their “An Organizational Guide to Building Health Services Research Capacity”, discuss the following:
- Using AHRQ’s definition, what is health services research used for? How can health services research affect policy?
- Then, refer to pages 34-40 in your text and describe the process of health services research. What topic in HSR would you choose to research? What problems in health services would you like to solve?
To begin discussing in this forum, select the forum title, “Week 4 Discussion”. Then, select Create Thread on the Action Bar to post your initial reply. To reply to a fellow participant, select the title of the initial post, then select Reply.
Practicum Discussion: This week, your assignment will be to incorporate all of the information you have gathered from the community—including the population itself, health data, interviews/conversations with interested community members, and your community assessment, including your Windshield Survey—as well as what you have gathered from scholarly literature to propose measureable interventions.
Measureable interventions mean that the results can be measured through some data that could be collected (Stanhope, 2020). This requires thinking in terms of actions and then measuring results. An evaluation of interventions is important to see whether or not they are effective in solving a health care problem.
Remember, you will need to use the data you gathered to determine whether or not a problem exists in your community and to then determine whether your interventions might be effective.
Please discuss the following points in your Practicum Discussion:
- Identify one evidence-based behavior change that would promote health in your selected population.
- Suggest one specific culturally sensitive, evidence-based, measureable intervention to address the health problem for your selected population.
- Think in terms of measuring outcomes. What outcomes would you expect to see once the intervention(s) are in place? Be specific.
Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature.
*** Virginia Department of Health website used for health data for focus on obesity in children and diabetes or just obesity
*** windshield survey included in file attachedHide