I’m trying to study for my Management course and I need some help to understand this question.
Using this topic as a prompt, please discuss the following questions:
- How would you describe Steve Jobs’ leadership style? Cite one or more leadership theories from the textbook and describe how they fit. Many leadership theories could be applicable here.
- Do you agree or disagree that he had to be “rough” on people for them to be successful or could he have motivated them while also being a pleasant person to work for? Describe why you agree or disagree.
- Would you have liked to work for him? Why or why not?
- Would his leadership style work for you? Why or why not?
- Whether you agree or disagree with Steve Jobs’ leadership style, what lessons can you take from this example for your own future leadership?