I’m trying to learn for my Psychology class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
250-350 words each question, 1 resource each- Part 1 is not necessary to put in paper format, Q&A format is ok.
1. What are contemporary standards of practice that support the training of mental health professionals in research methods? Give examples of responsible ways to incorporate research into clinical practice. Be sure to include references to justify your response.
2. Describe two dilemmas that counselor might face in attempting to plan research with special populations (e.g., seriously mentally ill, children, persons with disabilities, elderly, other members of a marginalized group of people). Why are the ethical dilemmas? What principles of ethical research are involved? How would you handle these dilemmas in planning your research? Be sure to include references to justify your responses.
Research is important in the field of counseling and psychology because it can help us to understand the profession, shed light on the theories and concepts, and to determine if the application of theories and concepts actually improve mental health. Research is the best mechanism for determining if something is effective and if so, what parts and why.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper about the importance of research in the field of counseling.
Include the following in your paper:
- The relationship between research and counseling
- The roles and responsibilities of researchers in the counseling profession
- At least two scholarly resources to support your paper
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
Sheperis, C., Young, J., & Daniels, M. H. (2017). Counseling research: Quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods (2nd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson. ISBN-13: 9780134025094