This topic helps you develop a basic understanding of quantitative methods of inquiry. In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to use the SPSS program. SPSS makes it easy to analyze data using specific tests. This assignment will give you practice with means, medians, and modes.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Review the Topic Material videos, A Brief Comparison of Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods and Quantitative vs Qualitative Research, before undertaking this practice.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
After you have completed the assigned readings and viewed the assigned videos, write a 500-750 word paper that addresses quantitative methods of inquiry. Use the data provided in the Topic Material, “H Cup State Inpatient Databases (SID) File Composition – Number of Discharges by Year,” and appropriate statistics to address the following:
1. Describe the different quantitative methods of inquiry.
2. Describe the mean, median, and mode of discharges by state in 2014.
3. Compare the number of discharges in 2010, 2012, and 2015 in all states. Are there significantly more discharges in 2015 versus 2010 in all states?
4. Compare the number of discharges in 2011 in northwestern states (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming), southwestern states (California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas), central states (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois), southeastern states (West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida), and northeastern states (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Washington D.C., New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland).
5. Summary of the paper.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting.