This assignment requires you to construct a one page electronic document comparable to a web page. This is not a memo!! Your document should be submitted electronically (as a word document saved to pdf)
The Assignment: You work for Rockfell, Inc. as assistants in the Information Processing Department. Your specific duties include designing one page electronic documents that present the latest findings in technology to the general public. In brief, your job is to simplify data for a general audience. Always keep this purpose in mind.
Here are the steps:
1. Choose a topic from the list below.
2. Do an online (google) search of the topic to get the latest information on it.
3. Summarize the information you find from the sources. Weed out the extraneous or
unneeded information. You want to present a comprehensive overview of the topic,
but, on the other hand, you don’t want to give too much information because your
audience might get confused. Be very careful to paraphrase properly! No
4. Type up your summary. Proofread for grammar, conciseness, and organization.
5. Lastly, concentrate on format/appearance/visual effect. This includes headings, type
size, color, and visuals.
6. Because you are summarizing general information, you do not need to cite sources
except for visuals/pictures. Because you’re limited to one page, for this assignment,
include only the basic URL, along with the caption, for any pictures.