The focus of this assignment is defending your chosen school of thought and how it relates to your specialization area and with your proposed research topic. In this assignment, you will defend your chosen school of thought with main points, assertions, and conclusions supported with relevant and credible evidence from sources in the annotated bibliography you created during this course. Incorporate an analysis of how your chosen school of thought aligns with your proposed research topic based upon the work you completed for the discussion in Week 7 and peer feedback from the same discussion.
Write a three to 4-page paper that defends your chosen school of thought relative to your specialization and proposed research topic. Include a cover page and reference list in addition to the three to four pages in your paper that address the following components. (My chosen school of thought it Cognitive psychology and my research is on cognitive load).
- Clearly identify your research topic.
- Explain why you chose the topic and what it involves.
- Provide your preliminary thoughts about the problem or issue involved with this topic.
- Describe how the philosophical (principles and values) and applied elements (research methods) of your chosen school of thought can help you better understand the topic and help you design a research study to learn more about this area of interest.
Writing Requirements for school of thought assignment
- Length: Your topic paper should be 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages (excluding the cover page and references list). Include page numbers and headings.
- References: At least 10 peer-reviewed resources.
- Formatting: Use correct APA Style and Format, paying particular attention to citations and references.
- Font size and type: 12-point Times New Roman.
Review the Defending Your Chosen School of Thought Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
Your Work will be evaluated using this criteria.
- Competency 1: Evaluate important approaches to understanding human behavior in the history of the profession of psychology.
- Evaluate how the chosen school of thought aligns with the specialization.
- Competency 3: Demonstrate support for a research topic within a theoretical framework.
- Defend the chosen school of thought, demonstrating how it aligns with and supports the research topic.
- Describe how the philosophical and applied elements of the chosen school of thought will guide the design of the research study.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
- Develop a thesis statement that addresses the main topic and subtopics in appropriate depth.
- Synthesize multiple sources into key themes or findings.
- Use paraphrasing and summarization to represent ideas from external sources.