Using the classroom resources or South University Online Library, research the tympanic membrane and the thyroid gland. In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style, address each of the following criteria.
- Two focused health assessment histories
- One assessment related to the tympanic membrane and the other focused on the thyroid gland.
- The assessments can be hypothetical patients or patients you have had in the past (remember HIPAA if you are describing a previous patient).
- A description of the normal and abnormal findings of the tympanic membrane.
- Information on how to examine the thyroid gland using both the anterior and posterior methods.
- A concise note in the subjective, objective, assessment (be sure to include the NANDA diagnosis as well as the medical diagnosis), and plan (SOAP) format with each patient’s encountered findings.
- Information about laboratory/diagnostic tests used for screening clients with tympanic membrane or thyroid gland issues.
- Include the expected normal results for each test.
INTRODUCTION PAGE AND REFERENCE PAGE SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PAGE COUNT.