Project: Agency Visit Paper
By Day 3
Submit by Day 3, a 4- to 5-page written account of your agency visit. In the paper, address each of the following areas and support your ideas with evidence from course resources and additional research.
· Describe the agency. Including:
o Services offered
o Mission of the agency
o Clientele or population served
· Describe the social worker’s job activities and professional roles
· Explain what brought the social worker to the field and their work history
· Explain opportunities for advancement and what the social worker does for professional development
· Describe the social worker’s overall job satisfaction and strategies they use for self-care
· Analyze your experience. Specifically,
o Discuss your thoughts and feelings related to the agency, clientele, and type of work.
o Reflect on why you may have experienced these reactions to the agency, clientele, and type of work.
· Explain which social work values and ethics were evident (or not evident) during the interview.
· Explain how social and economic justice relates to the services provided or population served by this agency.
· Explain how cultural competence was demonstrated (or not demonstrated) within the agency or by the social worker.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your Project, do the following:
· Save your Project as a “.doc” file with the filename “WK6Proj+last name+first initial.doc”. For example, Sally Ride’s filename would be “WK6ProjRideS.doc”.
· To upload your Project, click on Projects on the course navigation menu, and then click the “Project Turnitin – Week 6” link.