Similar to Week 5, you will continue to demonstrate the techniques, skills, and interventions utilized from the Interpersonal Psychotherapy approach through your practice of a fictitious mock therapy session.
For this Assignment, you will create another video demonstration. However, you will use a different case study, where you will also demonstrate your understanding of two techniques and skills utilized from the Interpersonal Psychotherapy approach to therapy. Please be mindful to use two different techniques than previously utilized in Week 5’s demonstration video.
This demonstration will include a video created to demonstrate additional skills, techniques, and interventions used in the Interpersonal Psychotherapy approach to treatment.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Interpersonal-Relational Integrative Approach to Working with Men video found in this week’s Learning Resources, and consider this video as an example of therapy, used in a different setting, with a different population, and therapist. This will help to further your understanding of the Interpersonal Psychotherapy approach, and how it can be utilized in different settings.
- Choose two techniques used in this therapy session that you will use for your own video to demonstrate your skills development and understanding of the techniques. Note: Use techniques not utilized in Week 5s demonstration video. You may select from negotiating client resistance, providing a corrective emotional experience, honoring transference/countertransference, termination, corrective emotional experience, recapitulating a clients conflicts, etc.
- Choose a friend or acquaintance who is not a member of your family to help you demonstrate a fictitious mock therapy session. Please be sure to review the information with your friend or acquaintance, as they will take the persona of the client you want them to demonstrate.
- Choose a quiet location away from any noise and distractions.
- Conduct and record your fictitious therapy session (approximately 5-10 minutes).
Note: As you record your session, please ONLY record yourself and not your fictitious client (i.e., have the video recorder or webcam directed only at you.)
- Review the Kaltura Media Uploader link and the documents included found in the left-hand navigation bar of the classroom to guide you as you prepare and upload your video for this Assignment. Also, as you review, please make sure that you and your participant read, sign, and acknowledge the Video/Voice Release Agreement.
For this Assignment:
Create a fictitious mock therapy session on video where you include two Interpersonal Psychotherapy skills and/or techniques with your client (Note: Use different techniques from Week 5) such as negotiating client resistance, providing a corrective emotional experience, honoring transference/countertransference, termination, corrective emotional experience, recapitulating a clients conflicts, etc. Make sure you demonstrate the use of these techniques in therapy from an Interpersonal Psychotherapy approach.