Assignment 4: Legal/Ethical Considerations of Alternative Therapy
Due Week 9 (Module 5.2) and worth 105 points
Note: This assignment will be run automatically through SafeAssign plagiarism detection software and an originality report will be sent to your instructor.
In this assignment, you will determine the legal, ethical, cultural, and political factors related to the therapy you selected for the Assignment 3: Complementary and Alternative Therapy worksheet.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Discuss the concept of beneficence to a patient receiving your selected therapy (risk of harm and potential benefits).
- Discuss the principle of nonmaleficence related to your selected therapy.
- Explain how you will respect the patient’s autonomy during the course of your selected therapy (including the duty to foster a patient’s informed, non-coerced choices).
- Discuss how you will maintain respect for cultural diversity during the course of your selected therapy.
- Identify if your selected therapy is reimbursed, and take a position on whether this reimbursement is equitable or whether there might be a better way to distribute this therapy across all socioeconomic classes. Provide a rationale for your position.
- Explain how the resource around your selected therapy compares to the research around more conventional medical approaches.
- Discuss licensure, malpractice liability rules, and legal rules governing your selected therapy.
- Use at least three (3) scholarly resources in addition to the textbook in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as scholarly resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze political, social, financial, biological, and/or educational issues related to healthcare.
- Apply moral, ethical, and legal implications to contemporary healthcare issues.
Grading for this assignment will be based on the following rubric.