please write up only section a and b out of the entire instruction
Please use evidence-based resources and official websites like the CDC, WHO, or public health departments. Any websites that are either .gov or .edu are usually appropriate.
A complete reference page in APA format is required to be attached to the infographic. Your group will receive points for the quality and thoroughness of the infographic as well as active participation in the discussion. See the rubric for further details on point allocation.
DETERMINE THE NATURE, EXTENT, AND SCOPE OF THE DISEASE HAEMOPHILUS INFLUENZA DISEASE, TYPE B (HIB OR H-FLU), CONDITION OR INJURY. Under each of the five topics (a-B) below,
a. Describe the natural life history of the disease or condition.
- Identify the causative agent(s) and state if it is a virus, bacteria, lack of a vitamin, psychosocial, etc.
- Describe the mode of transmission. Include the reservoir (if any).
- If an infectious disease, describe the usual incubation period and period of communicability.
- Describe the clinical signs and symptoms of the disease or condition.
- Identify methods used to make a positive diagnosis and to separate cases from non-cases. Screening test? Blood test? Urine test? Patient history? Relevant signs and symptoms? Is this disease or condition reportable or notifiable to public health authorities? What agency, if any, keeps track of this disease or condition?
b. Host factors lifestyle, biologic factors, immune status, etc.
- Describe host factors that make a person susceptible to this disease or condition.
- Describe risk factors for this disease or condition among human populations.
- Point out whether or not this is a vaccine-preventable disease.
- Apply the concepts of natural active and natural passive immunity to this disease. Also apply the concepts of artificial active or passive immunity if artificial immunity exists for this disease or condition.