There are many areas of employment covered by laws that direct behavior by employers. They include the following:
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Sexual harassment issues
- The Equal Pay Act
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA)
Research 1 of these laws, and develop a PowerPoint presentation of 57 slides with speaker notes of 200250 words per slide (excluding Title and Reference slides) that addresses the following:
- Explain the background and fundamentals of the law.
- Describe the various methods that employers can use to ensure that the company is in compliance with it.
- What are the potential penalties the company will face if the law is violated?
- Discuss how an organization can ensure compliance with the law.
Note: You must use a minimum of 2 scholarly references.