Perform a needs assessment/gap analysis on Baptist Memorial Hospital – Desoto. Approach the Research Project from an operations perspective.
Operations: delivery of service/care, access, wait times, equipment usage, process improvements, resource optimization, regulatory compliance, etc.
The components for the Research Project include the following:
- Title Page
- Executive Summary (Needs Content Criteria)
- Description of the organization (history, length in service/operation, how many beds? clients served? location; rural vs. urban, satellite locations, total number of staff, client usage information/demographics, etc.)
- Needs Assessment/Gap Analysis: What is not currently being offered? Room for improvements? Service delivery deficits? Personnel issues/shortages? Justify with supporting data and statistics.
- Propose an intervention (service or facility) based on the needs/gap analysis.
- Justify your proposed intervention by providing an analysis from:
- Managed care
- Health legislation
- Contracts perspectives
- Pick a minimum of three of the elements listed above depending on the organization selected and which apply to the specific organization/situation selected.
- Create a plan to implement your intervention. Identify the stakeholders involved, and their role (s) in implementing the intervention. Include finance and staffing elements required to implement the intervention.
- Develop a marketing communication plan on how the stakeholders will be informed, kept up-to-date, etc. prior to the intervention, during the intervention, and post intervention.
- Develop a plan for measurement effectiveness of the intervention. What indicators will determine if the intervention is successful?
- Reference page.
Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style. Must use at least ten scholarly and /or peer-reviewed sources, published within the last 5 years.