Option #1: Patient Centric Healthcare
Review the following article from this week’s required reading: https://people.cs.clemson.edu/~hongxih/papers/COSE11.pdf
Prepare a paper that meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- Compose a brief summary of the author’s main points.
- Assess the value and challenges of adopting this technology in achieving the patient-centered care goals set forth in the article.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of linking electronic health records (EHR) to at least two other clinical information systems (i.e., LIS, PIS, RIS, and physician mobile devices).
- Explain and defend the rationale and benefits for sharing across systems.
- Your written paper should be 4-5 pages (double spaced) in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- You need to cite at least three sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find resources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Library’shomepage.
Review the Module 2 Critical Thinking rubric for full details on how you will be graded on this assignment.