Examine how participative leadership functions in todays modern health care organization and compare it to other types of leadership styles. Evaluate how each type of leadership style may impact organizational culture, employee performance, and how it may help or hinder the legitimacy of authority. Assignment must focus on a contemporary trend in health care and be sure to include all of the following influences:
- Changes in client characteristics
- Regulation of the health care industry
- Reimbursement patterns and mandates
- Restructuring of health care organizations
- Impact of technology
- Ongoing social and ethical factors
It must also answer the questions:
- Overall, why should health care managers be aware of this change and trend?
- What impact does this trend have on the stakeholder groups involved (e.g., patients, providers, administrators, third-party payers, legislators, etc.) for a specific organization specified (e.g., for profit, nonprofit, hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, etc.).