I’m working on a Psychology exercise and need support.
Unit 7: Discussion
99 unread replies.99 replies.
Respond to one question each unit. In an effort to try to address all questions, please try to answer a question (when possible) which has not already been addressed by a classmate. Please include the question restated in your reply.
- Respond to one question below by Thursday, 11:59 pm CT.
- Respond to at least two classmates by Sunday, 11:59 pm CT.
Unit Discussion Questions
- Is there a “normal” level of sexual desire? What is this based on? What does the research say?
- What are society’s expectations regarding male and female’s sexual “performance”? Do these expectations have and effect on sexual dysfunction?
- Should early sex education discuss sexual dysfunction and emphasize mutual pleasure instead of goal-oriented sex to orgasm?
- When is the right time to tell a person that you have a sexually transmitted infection? Is it unethical to withhold this information until sex becomes a part of the relationship? Does it depend on the relationship?
- Why do you think people discriminate against HIV-positive people?
- Do you believe that all health care workers should be tested for HIV and be required to inform patients of their HIV Status? Why?
- Could a paraphilia be harmful even if the two people involved are consenting adults? How?
- Why do paraphilias occur almost exclusively among men? Is there gender bias regarding which behaviors we choose to label “deviant”?
- Should community members be informed if a neighbor is being treated for a paraphilia? Some paraphilias? All paraphilias? Why or why not?
- In 2012 a vaccine that could prevent HIV began the trial phase, what are the implications of such an amazing development?