After learning about several ways in which our everyday actions impact climate change, choose one action to conduct more research on and create a PowerPoint presentation to tell us more! Use the unit material and reliable online resources to gather more information.
There are several ideas with information throughout the unit but there is even more information out in the world! Think about what you do every day, and how the activity uses energy or natural resources. Think about a product you buy—how it was made, what natural resources were used to make it? You can also do a quick google search of “everyday activities that effect the environment” and start reading some articles for more ideas.
Remember to use reliable sources from the Internet. There is a lot of misinformation out there and finding reliable information can be difficult. Please use the pdf that I attached as one of your sources (Climate Change 101). You can also find reliable statistics at organization websites such as:
NOAA: The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is a governmental agency studying many aspects of climate change. Their mission is “to understand and predict changes in climate, weather, oceans, and coasts, to share that knowledge and information with others, and to conserve and manage coastal and marine ecosystems and resources” (NOAA, n.d., para. 1).
EPA: The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) research focuses on health of the environment and recommendations to minimize the effects of climate change.
WHOI: The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ocean research, exploration, and education.
NCAR: The National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) is a federally funded research and development center.
Human Impacts on Climate Change Presentation. Your presentation must include:
- What everyday activity or product have you chosen to present? Why did you choose this activity or product? Why is it important?
- Connect the activity/product to its impact on the environment and climate change. How does doing the activity or making the product use natural resources, disrupt habitat, impact wildlife or other effects on the environment?
- Report data and statistics, with references, on how this activity/product effects the environment.
- What can people do to decrease the activity/product’s impact on the environment?
Be sure to follow the formatting and guidelines provided below:
- Include at least three visual aids.
- Include two reliable references and the pdf (Climate Change 101) that I\’ve provided.
- Use bulleted information on slides (five lines or fewer).
- Include substantial and detailed speaker\’s notes that include what you would say in an actual presentation. The speaker\’s notes should also reflect the depth of your research.
- Include a separate title slide and separate reference slide.
- Use an appropriate font and background.
- Include at least 11 slides, but not more than 15 slides (not counting your title slide and reference slide).
- Use correct APA format for references and citations, and use correct grammar and spelling.
- Upload the presentation as a .ppt or .pptx file.