Using the same business you started in Assignment 1, you will continue to build a financial plan for the business.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Prepare a pro forma balance sheet for the first twelve (12) months of your business. Include the assumptions on which it is based. Justify your balance sheet.
- Prepare a pro forma income statement for the first twelve (12) months of your business. Include the assumptions on which it is based. Justify your income statement.
- Prepare a pro forma cash budget for the first twelve (12) months of your business. Include the assumptions that you have made when creating the budget. Justify your budget.
- Scrutinize the costs (both tangible and intangible costs) of obtaining financial capital for your business start-up to determine whether the costs justify implementation of the funding source.
Your business is five (5) years old and running profitably. You are
now ready to look outward five (5) more years to take the business to
the next level.
- Determine the specific details that would make the equity approach to valuing your business worthwhile. Provide a rationale with your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the fundamentals of entrepreneurial financing.
- Perform fundamental analysis of a business.
- Examine the equity approach to valuing a new venture.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in financing entrepreneurships.
- Write clearly and concisely about financing entrepreneurships using proper writing mechanics.