- Choose one of the following topics and submit a short paper:
- Research and present on the local, state, national, and global trends such as incidence, prevalence, and populations at risk for their communicable disease group.
- Investigate and present communicable diseases of interest in your local community.
- Research the different types of organisms that could be used to create an epidemic as a result of bioterrorist activity, such as smallpox, anthrax, or botulism. Use the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Website to find out about organisms and their transmission routes, signs and symptoms, prevalence and incidence, and primary prevention treatment. Present your findings and discuss the differences in impact on the health care community and the population, and the role of the community health nurse.
- Develop primary prevention strategies for Miami Dade College, Medical Center Campus, the community, and students who have been exposed to rubella. Assess which groups are at the highest risk. Discuss or present your findings.
- Your response should be 1-2 pages.
- Be sure to use standard English grammar and spelling