A portfolio is a collection of evidence that represents achievement and learning within a module/course or programme of study.
My portfolio will be about minors illnesses and injuries module generally such as ENT and about ankle specially. (1000 words portfolio attached).
First of all you will write about portfolio in general, why it is good and helpful in Emergency Care (as introduction) and you will support that with different evidences, which will be attached with
portfolio at the end as appendixes. In addition, I do really need you to highlight the sentences from the source that you use to support your written and write note next every highlighted one
(I’ll attached example).
Moreover, the 7 learning outcomes points must be present in the portfolio and every point must be related to ENT and Ankle.
The learning outcomes that you should follow and support each one by evidences as appendixes are:
1. Demonstrate effective priority setting of clients presenting with primary health care problems, through rationale assessment and intervention skills.
2. Demonstrate and critically evaluates care management and interventions allied to wounds and soft-tissue problems.
3. Critically evaluates and assesses the unique characteristics of client groups (Adult, Child, Mental Health) in order to optimize care or refer on.
4. Demonstrates and critically evaluates care management and interventions allied to Eye and Ear, Nose and throat conditions.
5. Discusses and evaluates the care processes allied to Skin conditions
6. Demonstrates and discusses the use of diagnostic equipment used in primary care. – e.g. Ophthalmoscope, Otoscope.
7. Demonstrates and / or analyses key contemporary Emergency Care Practice competency, in relation to effective Minor Health Care management.
Personal reflection is important that show what I have learned through this module and how that can enhance my knowledge to use appropriate methods in the UAE (personal reflection example
is attached), word count in this part would be around 600 words. As I had work placement in walk in center for last couple of weeks, I have gathered some printed cases, which can be use as an
evidence that explain what I have learned and gained from this work placement (I’ll attached them). You will rewrite them and put them as case study (appendixes).
The sources that you will use must be solid ones and recent. You can use between 15 and 25 sources. The references must be in Harvard style as well as in alphabetical order by author’s name and
each one in Hyperlink (click and go to original source).