I’m studying for my Health & Medical class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Over the years there have been many changes to both the Medicaid and the Medicare programs. These changes are due to aspects that include transformations in the health care industry/climate and political environment. With any change, there are always supporters and opponents. As a health care administrator, it is vital that you understand significant modifications to our health care program as well as understand how potential changes will impact health care delivery.
Review the following articles that outline potential issues with the Medicare and Medicaid program:
AARP. (2017). Medicare, Medicaid and ACA. Retrieved from https://www.aarp.org/ppi/issues/medicare/
Beckers Healthcare. (2013, February 8). 18 recent Medicare, Medicaid issues. Retrieved from https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/18-recent-medicare-medicaid-issues-feb-8-2013.html
Kaiser Health News. (2015, July 30). 5 challenges facing Medicaid at 50. Retrieved from the U.S. News & World Report website at https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/07/30/5-challenges-facing-medicaid-at-50
Having completed the course readings, you should now have a basic understanding of the role of Medicare and Medicaid. For the Module 4 Case Assignment, conduct additional research as needed and prepare a 3- to 4-page argumentative essay that addresses the following:
- Describe two current issues/challenges (based on scholarly literature) with the Medicare and Medicaid program and discuss the impact on health care delivery (2 issues/challenges per program; 4 issues/challenges total).
- Research and discuss both sides issues/challenges.
- Provide your opinion/argument, from a health care administrator perspective, on the current Medicaid and Medicare program with associated recommendations.
- Do not write in first person.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your position and answers to the questions.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages.
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 3-4 references