Leadership Article Analysis Length: Paper: 2 -3 double-spaced pages(excluding title and references pages) Due:Week 3 by Sunday Midnight Value:100 Points for 10% of the grade Post:Week 3 Assignments
Select and locate in Brandman’s virtual library one (1) of the following articles on leadership. In a 2 –4 page double-spaced paper (excluding title and reference pages) and in APA format, (1) briefly summarize the article including each author’s purpose and conclusion(s); reasons or evidence offered to support the conclusions, and any assumptions made; and (2) discuss three insights you gained into leadership. By Sunday midnight, submit your article analysis through Turnitin in Week 3Assignments in Blackboard.
To format and prepare the leadership article analysis paper, include the following sections:
- Title Page
- Introduction: Introduce the purpose of the paper; identify the leadership article why you chose it(1/2 –1 page).
- Article Analysis:Briefly summarize the author’s purpose and conclusion(s); reasons or evidence offered to support the conclusions, and any assumptions the author made (1 -2 pages).
- Conclusion: Identify and discuss three insights gained and how you can apply them to your leadership practice (1/2 –1 page).
Using Business Source Premier database in Brandman’s Virtual Library, locate and analyze one of the following leadership articles:
- George, B., Sims, P., McLean, A.N., & Mayer, D. (2007). Discovering your authentic leadership. Harvard Business Review,85(2), 129-138.
- Goleman, D. (2013). The focused leader. Harvard Business Review,91(12), 50-60.
- Kanengieter, J., & Rajagopal-Durbin, A. (2012). Wilderness leadership: On the job. Harvard Business Review,90(4),127-131.
- Schoemaker, P.J.,Krupp, S., & Howland, S. (2013). Strategic leadership: The essential skills. Harvard Business Review,91(1/2), 131-134.