DO NOT DO RESULT SECTION
This lab report will cover the transformation of E.coli and the restriction digest of the plasmid (labs 5 to 8).
Use the Standard lab report format and include the following
– Overall objective
– Background to what you were trying to do
– Methods – used to create reagents and used for the transformation, plasmid isolation, restriction digest and agarose gels. Create sub section for each
– What was the selectable marker?
– How do you know you successfully transformed the cells with pGlo
– What was the most critical step in the transformation process
– Why does only the E. coli grown in ara/amp fluoresce
– What size fragments would you expect when cutting the plasmid with the two enzymes used?
– Are the results of the plasmid what you expected.
– Are the two fragments the sizes you expected ?