Senior Project Industry Analysis
You are responsible for creating a short research paper on the industry of your selected senior project business. The report should consist of the following:
- Three pages, 12 pt. Times New Roman
- Properly cited (MLA format required) including the Works Cited page
- Minimum of three credible sources (see library instructions, no Wikipedia). This includes industry journals, newspaper reports and industry analysis found in the Fisher College Library database.
- The following elements must be covered:
- What is the size and scope of the industry in the United States? For example, what are the number of establishments, employees and total revenue.
- What are the major external and internal factors that will impact this industry over the next 1-5 years?
- What is the future for this industry – is it growing and why?
- This report needs to be fact based. There should be many cited statistics and cited references to industry reports and analysis.
- Include a proper introduction paragraph and conclusion.
This paper is designed to ensure you are competent at library research. Use it as an opportunity to go on a treasure hunt to find out as much about your industry as possible. This information should be referenced within your business plan and used to help formulate your own business strategy.