Fall prevention is a national patient safety goal of The Joint Commission and is considered a standard of practice in most institutions.
The obstetric population is considered a healthy group of patients. Should a fall prevention program be implemented on an OB unit for every laboring and postpartum patient?
- Describe two factors that place the obstetric patient at risk for falls. Explain why the identified factors increase the obstetric patients risk for injury.
- Describe how the implementation of a fall prevention program on the OB unit would help to improve patient outcomes.
- Describe the role of the RN in the implementation of a fall prevention program on an obstetric unit.
- APA format with citations in text and references not more than 5 years.
- 350 words references not included also repeat of question