In this assignment, you will identify goals and strategies involved in the prerelease planning stage of the reentry process for inmates and offenders. This will help to create a plan for reentry.
Review and conduct research on the following goals included in the reentry process:
- Goal 1: Address housing needs of inmates post-incarceration.
- Goal 2: Assist inmates in obtaining employment post-release.
- Goal 3: Provide resources for mental health, medical, and substance abuse treatment during and after incarceration.
- Goal 4: Connect offenders with appropriate government benefits.
- Describe the goal and how it relates to reducing recidivism.
- Identify 2 strategies for accomplishing the goal.
- Describe 3 activities per strategy, and how the activity will benefit the offender.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides