Choose a case from the AMA Journal of Ethics Case Index and take a position. For this assignment you will evaluate the ethical arguments for or against the issue. Identify the potential legal arguments (consider current federal guidelines), indicate any potential professional code conflicts you foresee, and support your position with an explanation of your own ethical/moral foundation.
In your 3 page paper:
- Identify the issue and state your ethical position.
- How might this scenario play out or impact you in your role as a nurse practitioner?
- Defend your position with legal, ethical, and professional evidence.
- As part of your position, propose strategies and solutions for addressing the issues.
- What other ethical issues does this case bring to light, if any?
Support your position with at least one scholarly source (it may be your text). Be sure to cite the article you choose, use APA format, and include a title page and reference page.
The writer clearly and effectively responds to the assignment.
There is one clear, well-focused topic. Main ideas are clear and are well supported by detailed and accurate information.
The introduction is inviting, states the main topic, and provides an overview of the paper. Information is relevant and presented in a logical order. The conclusion is strong.
The assignment consistently follows current APA format and is free from errors in formatting, citation, and references. No grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. All sources are cited and referenced correctly.