Write a paper (1,000 words minimum) about your quiz results. Include the following in your paper:
- Document the names and scores of your Holland Code (Referred online as the Interest Profiler Results)
- Based on the results, list three different careers offered as potential matches for you (each should be at a different job zone/educational level)
- Identify the education required, potential outlook of the career, theoretical salary, and other information connected to the career
- Provide your opinion of how useful the website was, how easy it was to use, how well the site connected you to careers you would actually be interested in
- Discuss how you may use this site when providing career counseling with clients
- At least three references from the O*NET site.
Essay 2 – Influence of Race and Ethnicity: Media Analysis Worksheet (Obj. 2.3)
Complete the “Influence of Race and Ethnicity: Media Analysis” worksheet.
Essay 3 – NONE
Essay 4 – Influence of Gender and Sexual Orientation: Interview Sheet (Obj. 4.3)
Complete the “Influence of Gender and Sexual Orientation: Interview Sheet” document.
Essay 5 – CLC – Career Counseling Presentation (Obj. 1.4, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1, and 5.1)
Part 1: Fictional Characters Development
As a group, develop four fictional individuals that may seek career counseling, be sure to include:
- Basic demographics such as age, sex, race, and education
- Career development thus far
- Reason for entering career counseling
- Any unique problems that may influence the counseling session (e.g., disability, economic problems, emotional problems)
Part 2: Matching Fictional Characters with Theory
Match each fictional character to one of the five theories covered thus far in the course. Using the theory matched with the fictional character, write a brief explanation of how you would present the theory to the individual.
Using the theory explained to that individual, state the basic steps you will utilize to provide career counseling for the individual, consider including:
- Information needed for the initial assessment
- Tools utilized in the assessment process
- Steps in the career development process
- Two resources the client may find useful
- Assignments client needs to perform in order to progress in their career development
Part 3: Presentation
Create a 20-25-slide presentation that captures the following:
- The four fictional characters
- An explanation of how you would explain one of the five theories covered in class to each fictional character
- The basic steps that would be utilized to provide career counseling to each fictional character
Essay 6 – Marginalized Group Career Counseling Outline
Create an outline for the “Marginalized Group Career Counseling Essay” in Topic 8.
Include at least five required scholarly references for the paper in your outline.
Refer to “Four Main Components for Effective Outlines,” located on the Purdue OWL website for help in completing your assignment. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/544/01/
Essay 7 – NONE
Essay 8 – Marginalized Group Career Counseling Paper (Course Obj.)
For this assignment you will select a marginalized group (veterans, minorities, individuals with disabilities, etc.) and write a paper of 2,250 words that can be used as a resource when working with an individual from the selected group. Use peer-reviewed resources to support your use of a specific career theory as well as interventions with this population. The paper should include the following:
- An explanation of who the population is and why it is important for this group to receive career counseling
- Statistics on the group (e.g., how large, how many have employment problems, how many utilize career counseling)
- Discussion of career counseling theory to be used with the group (e.g., Minnesota theory of work adjustment). Include evidence supporting the use of this theory in the general population as well as within the group. Please note: If none are available, it is important to indicate that as well.
- Basic plan for counseling utilizing chosen theory (e.g., interview, use of assessment tools, explanation of theory)
- Environmental/personal barriers that may prevent the client from finding work (e.g., disability, substance use history, felony, transportation, limited computer access)
- Local resources available to help the client obtain work (e.g., job center, training programs, support groups)
- Your conclusion on whether or not this plan is tenable and will work, based on the information listed above.
- A minimum of five scholarly references.