Week 6 Assignment: How to Do Business in your Selected Country and Identifying Global Business Opportunities
Review these instructions:
Submit 3-5 Pages APA formatted including a cover page. (Points will be deducted if there is no cover page).
Some organizations attempt to expand their international operations by seeking foreign markets appropriate for existing products and services. Other enterprises assess foreign business environments in an attempt to meet needs in those markets.
Part I- How do you establish a business/organization in your selected country
- Research how to establish a business in your selected country. Research the different types of business operations for your selected country.
- Find out the current status of any foreign direct investments (FDI). How many companies are investing in your selected country
- Find out what are the challenges and opportunities in today’s fast-paced and quickly-changing environment for any organization to conduct business in your selected country.
- Are there any government requirements for a foreign company to do business in your selected country?
Part II- Identifying Global Business Opportunities
- Research global organizations who may be attempting to expand into new markets around the world especially in your selected country—List several possible global business opportunities that would be the basis for new or expanding international business operations. These business opportunities may be consumer goods or services; or organizational goods and services, sold to businesses, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, schools, hospitals, hotels, or other organizations.
- Examples of global business opportunities include: processing of fresh fruit in Chile for distribution around the world; sale of water filtration systems in developing economies; sale of food products adapted to the tastes of different cultures; development of cellular telephone systems in countries with weak communication infrastructure; and expansion of fast-food restaurants into countries with expanding economies.
Below are links to information that may help you with your research. Please try to locate other additional references through your own research. This should be interesting as you already have provided information on the economic state for your selected country. Now, let’s take it a step further to see what businesses, whether it be local or foreign, are doing in your selected country.
Have fun with this and please let me know if you have any questions regarding this alternative assignment!
The World Fact Book: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html
Fortune Global 500: http://fortune.com/global500/
Resource Name: Entrepreneur Magazine: Top Global Franchises
Entrepreneur Magazine publishes two rankings of Franchises, one for the US, and one International. The International one lists the top ranking 200 Franchise 500 companies that are seeking international franchisees. Each company listing includes an overview of the company, as well as how much investment is required to open up a franchise, what type of support is provided, and the type of financing available.
Please upload your assignment here by midnight on Monday of Week 7.