Provide response to the following questions:
· Identify the differences between race and culture. Discuss the distinctions between the two.
· Why are these distinctions important?
· What are the advantages of attending a diverse campus?
· What are the potential issues of a lack of diversity?
· For many, much of their perception about cultures comes from TV and the movies they watch. How is this a potential problem?
· What do different cultures often have in common? Why do you think this is so?
· Is an individual born into a culture, or does he or she adapt to a culture? Explain.
· Can a person become so centered on his or her own culture that his or her ability to work with a group of diverse individuals on a common goal is affected?