When providing health care, there are standards of care which a reasonably prudent provider should follow. Providers at all levels are held to these standards of care. Failure to provide competent care to your patients will put you at risk for malpractice. Remaining current with the evidenced-based guidelines and providing optimal care will minimize the risk of liability.
For this Assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation that explains any legal implications that exist for failure to adhere to a standard of care, the key elements of malpractice, and compare the differences in malpractice policy options.
- Consider the importance of using professional resources such as the National Guideline Clearinghouse to guide care delivered
Create a PowerPoint presentation no more than 15 slides in length that addresses the following:
- Explain, in your own words, what regulatory and coding compliance for APRNs means to your practice
- Compare coding compliance issues within the state you intend to practice and federal regulations
- Identify and explain any legal implications that exist for failure to adhere to a standard of care
- Identify and explain the key elements of malpractice
- Compare the differences in malpractice policy options
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2016). National Guideline Clearinghouse. Retrieved from http://www.guidelines.gov