I’m trying to study for my Psychology course and I need some help to understand this question.
Use 3-5 scholarly resources and an interview with an early childhood educator in your local school or district to complete this assignment.
Write an essay of 750-1,000 words in which you answer the following questions:
- How are formative and summative evaluations used in the classroom?
- How are these evaluations different in a Birth-Pre-K versus a K-3 learning environment?
- Why is it important to use informal evaluation methods with preschool and primary children?
- What are the names of specific types of formative and summative assessments used in Birth to Age 5/Pre-K and K to Age 8/Grade 3 classrooms?
- How is diagnostic evaluation used in instructional planning?
- What strategies does the early childhood teacher use to assess young students using formative and summative measures?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
– Explore alternative types of assessment in “40 alternative assessment ideas for learning,” located on TeachHub website. http://www.teachhub.com/40-alternative-assessments-learning
-Read Chapter 3 in Assessment in Early Childhood Education. Pg 70