This week you will examine the concept of protecting human subjects in research. The aim is to familiarize you with the ethical issues associated with research and gain firsthand information of the processes used to protect research participants.Search YouTube for the following videos to review:
- Caring Corrupted: The Killing Nurses of the Third Reich
- Research Ethics involving Human Subjects
- The Belmont Report (Part One: Basic Ethical Principles)
- The Belmont Report (Part Two: Applying the Principles)
- Guiding Principles of Institutional Review Boards (IRB)
After viewing the videos, in a Microsoft Word document of 2-3 pages formatted in APA style, address the following criteria for each video:
- Describe one point from each video that you think is important regarding protecting human subjects in research.
- Your rationale for why you think the point you described is important.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format.
The wisdom of depending on International Medical School Graduates (IMGs) to fill gaps in physician supply, while US medical schools hold class size constant, is questionable. In addition, the aging of the physician workforce, the decreasing hours worked by both physicians in practice and physicians in residency, and a 20 percent reduction in the effort of the increasing proportion of minority physicians, will result in a significant decrease in the “effective” supply of physicians. Should the gap be filled by a major substitution of nurse practitioners, physician assistants, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and others, or are there alternatives? 400 words please
You are admitting a 12-year-old child to your unit. The mother states that the child has a history of unexplained blackout episodes, headaches, sleep disturbances, and is presently exhibiting tremors. Must be at least 2 paragraphs !!!
- What is the most likely cause of these symptoms?
- What actions would you take during the interview process? Explain
*************ANSWER BOTH QUESTIONS AS IF YOU WERE THE REGISTERED NURSE. NO PLAGIARISM WILL BE CHECKED!
Week 2 – Assignment: Evaluate Systematic Review Strategy in Research
This week, you explored the importance of systemic review in determining evidence-based practices. This is an essential first step in determining how clinical practices or best practices should be implemented in the healthcare field. For this assignment, locate one systematic review study on the topic you chose in Week 1 (topic Improving of collaboration in healthcare).
Create a chart of the study (improving of collaboration in healthcare). You may create your chart in Word, Excel, or another program you are familiar with. Be sure to include the following in your chart:
· Provide the specific question (or questions) the study seeks to answer.
· Indicate key words utilized in conducting the literature research.
· Identify the external and internal stakeholders involved in the process.
· Interpret the quality of evidence provided.
· Explain any missing evidence you might see as important.
· Recommend healthcare settings where this research could be applied.
Length: 2 to 3-page chart
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. The content should reflect scholarly writing and current 7th Edition APA standards.