Write a 1,000-1,250 word paper discussing the evolution and purpose of contemporary environmental health. Include the following:
- Define the scope and purpose of environmental health.
- What populations have been most affected by environmental health issues? How do environmental health issues compound health inequity today?
- Describe how environmental science and associated research have contributed to our understanding of environmental health.
- How has the field of environmental health influenced policy and population health at the local, national, and global level?
- Research one environmental health agency in the United States and one international environmental health agency. Evaluate their roles in promoting health and their actual effectiveness in addressing environmental health issues.
You are required to cite to three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content. Please cite any and all references used.