- What was the first decade in which most major motion pictures were full-fledged talking pictures? (Points : 1) The 1910s The 1920s The 1930s – correct answer The 1940s
- In what decade did digital sound come into use in movies? (Points : 1) The 1990s The 1980s – correct answer The 1970s The 1950s
- Which of the following tends to be true of silent film acting as opposed to sound film acting? (Points : 1) It features overstated gestures and heightened mannerisms – correct answer It relies on more subtle movements and expressions It more accurately reflects how people behave in the real world It is generally less expressive
- What did filmmakers consider to be the advantage of silent films? (Points : 1) They allowed for more realism They left more to the audience’s imagination – correct answer They had fewer distractions for audiences They were less expensive to make
- What is the correct technical name for the music that plays in the background of a scene while the action takes place? (Points : 1) The score – correct answer The soundtrack The orchestration The sound design
- Which of the following is the worldwide standard still in use for sound recording in film today? (Points : 1) Acoustic sound Optical sound – correct answer Electro-mechanical sound Magnetic sound
- Soviet filmmaker Sergei Eisenstein promoted which idea about editing? (Points : 1) Continuity editing The 180-degree rule The Kuleshov effect Montage theory – correct answer
- What is the name of the process used to create everyday sound effects in films? (Points : 1) Dolby Sony Foley – correct answer Mickey
- Which of the following tasks is part of the process of film editing but not part of the process of book editing? (Points : 1) Ensuring that the story makes sense Making sure one section logically follows another Helping to construct the work itself – correct answer Determining that the work holds together as a whole
- Moving back and forth between shots of a woman tied to a railroad tracks and shots of a speeding train elsewhere on the track is an example of what editing technique? (Points : 1) Parallel editing – correct answer Continuity editing Shot/reverse-shot Montage
Excellent job, received an A+ (96) on the paper. Thank you so much.
On time and beyond the work I expected. Communication is fast and amazing, this is the only writing service I will be using.