Email revision prep Document
Please answer the following questions with as much concrete detail as you can. You might find it helpful to have your Audience Analysis document as you complete this.
Consider Daugherty’s Email. Gather details and facts here to help you analyze how to revise effectively. Be as concrete and clear here as possible (including directly quoting from the text of the original email).
- What are the most important pieces of information in this email? List them below, and explain why, based on the context that Boiarsky outlines in the chapter, you consider them to be important.
- In what order do you think these pieces of information should be communicated? Why? Please briefly list them and explain.
- Considering the audience, how could you further emphasize these pieces of information?
- Consider tone. Are there particular phrases, or written details in the original email that strike you as effective and helpful? Please list them.
- Are there details that you believe to be unnecessary? Please detail them and explain why you think they aren’t needed.
- Are there things you think could be deleted from the email in their entirety? Why and how?