Design a trifold educational brochure, that will be used to educate the community, about one of the following topics:
- heart failure
- pathophysiological factors that influence the incidence and manifestations of acute, episodic, and chronic diseases in populations across the lifespan
- Two evidenced-based web sites or journal articles as a reference
- Risk factors
- Possible consequences
- Prevention strategies
- Treatment modalities
I know that you have all seen a tri-fold brochure before. It is essentially an document that is turned on its side and folded so there are 3 sections.
Here is an example
If you have never made one of these before- then please watch You Tube videos, or contact the writing center to assist you. LEARNING HOW TO MAKE A TRI-FOLD BROCHURE IS A REQUIREMENTS. It is an excellent tool. Do not submit a 4 page paper or a document thats just a table with 3 columns.
When I grade your work I imagine that I would print this out, fold it and hand it to your patient.
- Is it professional?
- Are all 6 sides fully developed (DO NOT waste space! You do not need an address page)
- Are the references tucked away neatly in a small area (suggest using 8 pt font for 2-3 references at the bottom of one of your pages- it should not detract from the content)
- Will the patient learn what they need based on the assignment instructions
- Are there visuals (pictures) that supplement the content but do not detract. In other words, dont put a huge picture on each side of the brochure with minimal content and expect to get full credit. It should be balanced and professional looking.